[GRASSLIST:4541] turnoff tcl/tk interface

Robert Stein rjstein at iu.edu
Thu Oct 14 13:53:33 EDT 2004

Hello,

    I looked for the answer to this question in the FAQ's and by searching
the mailing list, but didn't find the answer I was looking for.  I'm
accustomed to using previous versions of GRASS interactivly from the command
line... and don't care for the tcl/tk interface... so I'd like to be able to
disable this...
    The docs say that I should be able to set GRASS_GUI to 'text' to do
this, which I have done... this does in fact disable the initial gui for
selecting mapset / location / etc...  but does nothing for commands that I
might issue afterwards (e.g.  r.in.gdal, r.colors, etc...) these interfaces
still pop-up...
    Can someone tell me what the magic incantation is to get all these gui's
to stop popping up?

Thanks,

Rob

Robert Stein