[GRASSLIST:4557] Re: grass cmd from php???

Mark markwright at lazy-son-of-a-bitch.com
Sat Oct 16 08:58:39 EDT 2004

That's pretty cool. I was able to do this on OSX using grass 5.7cvs
quite easily by adapting your code. All I had to do was add 2 more
environment settings to the php file (HOME=/Users/username and
GIS_LOCK=$$) and make a copy of my .grassrc57 file in the web directory
and add MONITOR: PNG to it.  I also made a copy of the location I
wanted to use and changed the ownership to www and changed the
LOCATION_NAME in the .grassrc57 file to match that new location.
Unfortunately, I can't share my sample because I don't have grass
installed on my Web server - I have to run it locally - but you can put
together a pretty neat map server with lots of functionality in a very
short time.

Mark

-----
Have fun or die trying - but try not to actually die.
http://www.AboveCalifornia.com
Got Mac OS X? Get the AboveCalifornia Sherlock Channel:
sherlock://www.AboveCalifornia.com/sherlock/SherlockChannel.xml?
action=add

Wanna frag? Add the ..::LVL Sherlock Channel and get the newest Quake3
maps:
sherlock://www.AboveCalifornia.com/sherlock/LVL/SherlockChannel.xml?
action=add