[GRASSLIST:4555] existing libgdal.so.1 library not found by startup script ps.map

RichardTheis at web.de RichardTheis at web.de
Sat Oct 16 06:48:14 EDT 2004

Even after installing the libgdal.so.1 library in the folder usr/bin/ I
receive the following message after starting grass57:

Error in startingup script: ps.map: error while loading share libraries:
libgdal.so.1:  cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
while executing...

Also the Display manager does not start from the GRASS menue. As I
understood right from my investigations on the web these seem to be
related problems.

But what do I have to do to solve them?

A LINUX and GRASS Newbie