[GRASSLIST:4569] Re: freegis printing

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 18 20:36:45 EDT 2004

> I'd like to implement printing function in QGis (as an easy way to
> print form GRASS) and I need to know if there  is someone who is doing
> that already.

I'd guess it would be best to ask on the qgis mailing list?

> I need also to know from users if they have some particular
> requirement (in http://www.faunalia.com/grass/print.html) we set up a
> provisional list of user requirements) and any ideas for some graphic
> interfaces.

ps.map has some rough edges, but can produce very very nice output.
Maybe it is worth some time cleaning that up and/or **writing a GUI
frontend for it**? [ie Postscript for printed hardcopies & figures; ps.map
isn't really suited for presentation or web graphics. Use qgis,
d.m, or d.out.png for that.]

At minimum ps.map should show which features are useful for printing.

Hamish