[GRASSLIST:4640]

Praktikant praktikant at ib-net.net
Tue Oct 26 03:25:36 EDT 2004

Hello List,

I would like to have an topographic map as "background" on my monitor but I
failed.

I imported a jpg using r.in.gdal resulting in RGB band files example.red,
example.blue, example.green.
When i want to check these files a white recangle in the size of the file is
shown (I would expect a red green and blue map instead so something should
be wrong in this stage already).

After that i created  the statistics for the rgb-files with r.support -r and
created a color composite image from the three band files with i.composite.

d.rast map=example resulted in a black rectangle in the size of the file.

What was wrong in this process and how can I simply show a scanned map on my
screen?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Richard