[GRASSLIST:4646] Re:

Ian MacMillan ian_macmillan at umail.ucsb.edu
Tue Oct 26 15:09:16 EDT 2004

Richard,

You are getting a white rectangle because your region is not set to
look at the colored portions of your raster.  Sounds like you imported
a non-georeferenced map into GRASS.  If you imported this into an XY
location, then you will have to set your region to your map with
g.region rast=yourmap.  If you imported this directly into a region
with georeferencing (like a UTM location), then your map will be
hanging out somewhere around the coordinates 0,0 (since jpg's are not
georeferenced).  If you know the bounding coordinates of your image,
you can input that into r.support, then set your region (g.region
rast=yourmap), and d.rast to view it.  If you don't know the
coordinates, then import your raster into an XY location, then
georectify it by using i.group, i.target, i.points, i.rectify.

Hope this helps,
-Ian