[GRASSLIST:4679] Re: robinson projection

Ian MacMillan ian_macmillan at umail.ucsb.edu
Thu Oct 28 22:35:27 EDT 2004

I noticed that I had the same problem if I used a Winkel Triple
projection instead of a Robinson projection.  It seems like a function
that might be used a lot is one that lays down a latlong grid in any
projection, but maybe that is just me.  In any case, as a workaround, I
made a grid in 5.3 with v.mkgrid (unfortunately not available in 5.7)
in my latlong location, projected it into the robinson location with
v.proj, and converted it to a 5.7 vector with v.convert.  Worked like a
charm.

-Ian