[GRASSLIST:4287] Vector shifting in GRASS57

SWlab swlab at cornell.edu
Thu Sep 2 11:12:01 EDT 2004

Hello,
I'd like to transform a vector from one referential to another, while keeping
the same rpojection information, eg. rotating/translating a vector in UTM
coordinates. I guess I should use the v.transform command in GRASS 5.7.0, but
I have a pb:
For the very simple case of a translation by 5m to the north, the line
v.transform i=u40_cnt_250cm o=Contours_250cm_tmp xshift=5 yshift=0 zshift=0
xscale=1 yscale=1 zscale=1
puts me in interactive mode...
Do I really have to use a pointfile ?
Thanks for any hint
P.

--
Soil & Water Laboratory
Dept. of Biological & Environmental Engineering