[GRASSLIST:4414] v.to.sites error

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at pf.pl
Fri Sep 24 14:16:31 EDT 2004

Hi!

It seems that v.to.sites fails to translate some points near the nodes.

Ater doing as follows:

GRASS:~ > v.to.sites -a -i input=rzezba output=site_rzezba dmax=1

   v.to.sites:

Number of vector nodes = 138

Number of sites generated = 162789
[Raster MASK present]

I get a result a piece of which you can see on the vtosites.png, where:
-RED is the input vector file "rzezba" (height contour lines and height
sites)
-WHITE is the output site file site_rzezba
-GREEN arrows indicate sections of the input vector not translated to
sites - near the nodes

Unclosed line's endings are not translated either.

This error does not depend on dmax.

DEVELOPERS! Should I give a bug report?

Maciek

P.S.
I wonder if v.surf.rst uses a smililar way to translate the input vector
lines to points thus commit the same error?

Maciek