[GRASSLIST:6344] Re: convert vector to raster

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Wed Apr 6 04:13:28 EDT 2005

Hi

I've got a question regarding the opposite situation. When I convert a
colorfull integer raster (eg. landuse) to vector polygons, how can I
preserve colors in the resulting polygon vector layer, ie. copy raster's RGB
values to output's datatable GRASSRGB column?

Also, is it possible to assign colors to vector layer automaticaly in a
similar way that  r.colors does it for rasters? It's important for ps.map.
So far I've been converting my polygon vectors to raster, r.colors, and
ps.map then. How could I specify a colortable directly on a vector layer?

Maciek