[GRASSLIST:6373] Re: nviz and resolution of GRASS region

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri Apr 8 11:53:12 EDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 04:46:39PM +0200, LJunek at t-online.de wrote:
> Dear users,
>
> I visualize a DEM with nviz and wonder if the grid resolution and
> polygon resolution refer to the resolution I defined with g.region in
> GRASS 6.0?
> For example: the resolution in GRASS 6.0 is 90m.
> If I define the grid resolution with 1, does this mean 1unit=90m or 1m?

It means AFAIK
1: original (current) resolution, here 90m
2: 2 times oversampling, here 2 * 90 = 180m (so lower visual resolution)
3: 3 times oversampling, here 3 * 90 = 270m
etc.

NVIZ always depends on the current region settings for
raster data as (almost) all of the raster related modules.

Hope this helps

 Markus