[GRASSLIST:6467] Re: plot points in different color

Jose Gomez-Dans jgomezdans at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 10:40:41 EDT 2005

Hi!
On 4/14/05, Rado Bonk <rado.bonk at jrc.it> wrote:
> I have a point data associated with PostgreSQL table. I would like to
> fill the points with RGB color based on their attribute (typical desktop
> GIS task).

I wanted to achieve the something similar, but couldn't work out how
to do it. My aim was to have the points coloured according to some
attribute value (be it elevation, or something else), using a palette.
I couldn't suss out how to do it, so I ended up using GMT.

Now I want to do the same with nviz: I wans to plot some tracks on my
raster with some attribute coded as colour, but I think there's no way
of doing this (I can set a single colour for a points vector set, not
a palette).

So rather than answering your question :), I add to it: is it possible
to do this?

Many thanks
Jose