[GRASSLIST:6505] Re: m.proj s.in.ascii s.to.rast

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 16 23:36:04 EDT 2005

> > What happened to m.proj(2), s.in.ascii, and s.to.rast?
> >
> > I gather these commands no longer exist. In that case I need some
> > help  figuring out how to do this in 6.0.

Glynn:
> m.proj2 just duplicates the functionality of the proj/cs2cs programs
> from the PROJ distribution. Use proj or cs2cs instead (cs2cs does
> combined projection and datum conversions, proj just does
> projections).

note you can use g.proj to make cs2cs easy.

e.g., transform Lat/Lon WGS84 points to the current GRASS location's
projection:

IN_PROJ="+proj=longlat +towgs84=0.000,0.000,0.000"
OUT_PROJ="`g.proj -jf`"

cat input.txt | cs2cs -f %.7f $IN_PROJ +to $OUT_PROJ > output.txt

These few lines would be in GRASS already as a replacement for m.proj2
if I could figure out how to optionally pipe input to the script with a
bit better control than "read" gives and a good name for it (no more m.*
modules).

Hamish