[GRASSLIST:6537] Re: problem importing vector

Trevor Wiens twiens at interbaun.com
Mon Apr 18 22:57:54 EDT 2005

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 19:38:55 -0400
Brian Beckage <Brian.Beckage at uvm.edu> wrote:

> Dear Lorenzo,
>
> Thank you for your reply.  I installed the Jump software as you
> suggested, opened the old shape file, and saved it under a new name
> (still .shp) in a new folder.  When I tried importing it into Grass,
> the error now was:
> ERROR: Projection of dataset does not appear to match current location.
> I don't have this error when using the original shape files.
>
> Are there any other work arounds?  Can I try importing this vector
> file using a different format such as .e00?
>
> Thanks again,
> Brian

Click on the override projection button if you are importing through the gui or use -o if you are using command line. This will work fine if your projections actually match but the shape file is lacking the information.

Trevor Wiens
twiens at interbaun.com

The significant problems that we face cannot be solved at the same
level of thinking we were at when we created them.
(Albert Einstein)