[GRASSLIST:6533] Re: problem importing vector

Brian Beckage Brian.Beckage at uvm.edu
Mon Apr 18 19:38:55 EDT 2005

Dear Lorenzo,

Thank you for your reply.  I installed the Jump software as you
suggested, opened the old shape file, and saved it under a new name
(still .shp) in a new folder.  When I tried importing it into Grass,
the error now was:
ERROR: Projection of dataset does not appear to match current location.
I don't have this error when using the original shape files.

Are there any other work arounds?  Can I try importing this vector
file using a different format such as .e00?

Thanks again,
Brian

Brian Beckage
Department of Botany