[GRASSLIST:6581] Re: [GRASS5] Re: Re: problem importing vector

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 20 22:38:20 EDT 2005

> >Hamish
>
> I've applied your PATCH to vector/v.in.ogr/geom.c.
> All OS X users can download last cvs version (050419) with this patch
> at: http://wwwamb.bologna.enea.it/forgrass/downloadcvs.htm.
>
> I have tried with some old shape that have problems in Grass with
> normal: v.in.ogr -o
> ... and I have the same problems than before: infinite loop. I have
> killed v.in.ogr.

that patch was non-functional, it still needs some work. It won't do any
harm though, as it won't do anything at all.

I used

#ifdef UNUSED
#endif

for commenting out a chunk of code which contains other /* comments */.

> I have retry the same commands from wish app in X11 and AQUA
> environment (graphic method) (v.type in graphic window is not good)

(as Radim noted, you don't actually need the v.type steps after all)

is the v.clean problem a result of you needing GUI options like:
(choose only one)

o line,boundary
o boundary,line
o point,centroid
o centroid,point

and not as now:
(choose multiple)

o line
o boundary
o centroid
o point

and then somehow know that you are only allowed to select two compatible
ones from the list and somehow specify order (impossible)?

> but v.clean send to crash my Wish app, only wish app.
> Why wish app is more unstable with some commands with some vector layer?

no idea. Could it be warning / error messages triggering the crash?
G_percent?

maybe debug with:
 v.clean --tcltk | less
?