[GRASSLIST:6615] Re: export in GeoTiff

Stephan Holl sholl at gmx.net
Mon Apr 25 01:55:56 EDT 2005

Hello Axel,

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:34:52 +0200 Axel Orth <axel_orth at gmx.de> wrote:

> hey,
>
> i still have not found any solution to convert my scanned map that is
> now part of the GRASS project into GeoTIFF.
> I am really desperate as i need it in a referenced format for my
> further studies.
>
> as r.out.gdal does not work (signal 11, remember?) is there any other
> way that i can try?

If a Tiff +World-file is also sufficient, you could try r.out.tiff with
the appropriate switches.

Nevertheless you should get gdal working on your installation since it
is an essential import/export tool!

If you are working on suse or mandrake you could grab RPM-packages here
[1]

Best

	Stephan

[1] http://www.gdf-hannover.de/software/