[GRASSLIST:7754] GIS Audit Trail - Undo Edit errors

M S mseibel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 08:31:38 EDT 2005

I posted a question earlier and got some responses.  However i did not
consider this scenario.  I am just learning PostgreSQL now, and how to
use the PostGIS module.

Since Postgres has an audit trail feature for its databasing, does
anyone know if this applies to GIS data stored in the database?

Meaning, if i am in a v.digit session, and i make a mistake, and want
to "roll it back" could i do so if i were using Postgres?

Are there any other suggestions besisdes maintaining many backup
copies (which is ok with me) that might work for mass editing, and
having to backup a transaction if somnething was accidentally deleted?

thanks in advance! and keep the GRASS movement strong and flourishing!

Mark Seibel