[GRASSLIST:7773] Re: GRASS plugin for SWAT

Chris George cwg at iist.unu.edu
Wed Aug 3 14:03:30 EDT 2005

I am pleased to announce that Dr R. Srinivasan of Texas A&M University
has agreed that the code he wrote to form the GRASS/SWAT interface,
currently available at
ftp://ftp.brc.tamus.edu/pub/swat/unix/swatgrass98.1/swat_input.tgz,
be put in the public domain so that other people can adapt it to make it
operate with current versions of GRASS and of SWAT.  Specifically he is
releasing it under the terms of the GNU Public License.  This means that
you are free to adapt it as you wish.  I suggest that any files which
are adaptations of his code are given a header containing at least the
following two statements:

This software is freely available under the terms of the Gnu Public
License (GPL) version 2 or later, available from http://www.gnu.org

This software was originally developed by Dr R Srinivasan
<r-srinivasan at tamu.edu> of Texas A&M University.

You might like to go further and make the code part of GRASS by
assigning the copyright to the GRASS Development Team.  The important
things are to maintain the GPL and to acknowledge Dr Srinivasan's original
work.

I have done a little work on the code for this interface and now have it
working with Grass 6.0 in Linux.  It still needs work to give it a more
modern GUI, and I think it may also need modification to conform to
changes made to SWAT input requirements: I haven't got as far as running
SWAT yet.  A tar file is attached to this message.  Start by reading
README.cwg in the swat_input directory.

If you would like to contribute to the further development of this code
then please inform me and the individuals in the the To: field of this
email, so that we can coordinate people's efforts.

Regards,

Chris George

File attachment: swatgrass.tgz
The file attached to this email was removed
because the file name is not allowed.