[GRASSLIST:7781] r.cost execution time

Ellen De Beuckeleer ellen.debeuckeleer at incgeo.be
Thu Aug 4 02:49:53 EDT 2005

Dear list,

I want to compute a cost surface using r.cost. I used the GRASS user
interface to input the parameters which resulted in the following line:
r.cost input=costTotal output=costsurface coordinate=-10698,-7021
stop_coordinate=-1216,-221 max_cost=0 percent_memory=25.
I didn't use the -k option as this needs longer execution time and I ame
only testing at the moment, but my proces is already running for over
1000 minutes. Is this normal (image dimensions: 640x480)? If so how can
I estimate the remaining execution time? If not: what's going wrong?

Greetz,

Ellen