[GRASSLIST:7797] Re: NVIZ and 3d vectors

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri Aug 5 03:21:09 EDT 2005

(cc Radim)

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 10:49:08PM -0700, Michael Barton wrote:
> There are some folks here at ASU who are interested in doing this kind of 3D
> generation.
>
> It would help, I think if we could at least see what the ascii files are
> like that generated the tower and houses,

Due to copyright restrictions I am not permitted to publish these
files of the 3D tower.

Maybe Radim can publish the house example.

> and the tree algorithm (if
> different from Jachym's perl script in the WIKI).

I only know the tree algorithm in the WIKI.

You have to use the "Faces" to make 3D surfaces. We should add
a simple example to the v.in.ascii HTML page.

Markus

--
Markus Neteler     <neteler itc it>       http://mpa.itc.it