[GRASSLIST:7799] Re: automatic georeferencing

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri Aug 5 03:44:32 EDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 01:36:58PM +0200, Maik Trömel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i’ve got the Problem, that i have to georeference a png-File
> automatically. I know the coordinates of 4 points (longitude + latitude
> and the coordinates in the image). I want to read them in automatically.
>
> Is this possible?

You can either generate the POINTS file of i.points with
a script or alternatively use

# define the four coordinates:
gdal_translate -gcp x1 y1 refx1 refy1 -gcp x2 y2 refx1 refx2 ... image1.tif image1_gcps.tif
gdalwarp image1_gcps.tif image1_geocoded.tif

Please refer to http://www.gdal.org for details (if needed).

Markus