[GRASSLIST:7812] Re: Converting shape-files to rasterdata

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Sun Aug 7 16:45:44 EDT 2005

Hi

From: "Maik Trömel" <maik.troemel at maitro.net>
>i've got a problem with converting vector- to rasterdata. I've got a
>shape-file with ids, postal-codes and the names of the postal districts.
>The rasterdata should keep the information of the postal-code. But it
>only keeps the id. How does ist work to convert the shape-file to
>rasterdata so that the postal-codes are not lost?

Currently v.to.rast is not able to assign labels to the resulting raster
file. Same like you I think that it would be a nice feature though. I asked
about this 5 months ago
http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3045&display=History but no answer.

Can somebody please tell us what are the chances?

Maciek