[GRASSLIST:7815] how to install GRASS6.0 keeping GRASS5.3 intact in the same system

Nagesh Bhatkar bnagesh at darya.nio.org
Mon Aug 8 06:27:57 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I am currently using GRASS5.3 . Since I wanted to switch over to GRASS6.0,
i removed  GRASS5.3 from my system.
And then installed GRASS6.0
Using

./configure --prefix=$GRASS_INS --bindir=$GRASS_BIN
--with-postgres-includes=/usr/include/pgsql  --without-odbc --without-fft
make
make install
GRASS6.0 works fine.

When i wanted to revert back to installing  GRASS5.3 some of the modules
are left uncompiled.
Later i realised that the libz.a gets overwritten when i Install GRASS6.0.
So then i had to download and reinstall the libz.a . After doing that i
could install GRASS5.3 completely.

I want to Install GRASS6.0  but keeping GRASS5.3  intact , may be in two
different directories
with no overlap of libraries.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanking  you