[GRASSLIST:7885] db.connect problem

Thomas Adams Thomas.Adams at noaa.gov
Fri Aug 12 10:25:12 EDT 2005

I'm running GRASS 6 on Linux and trying to connect to a PostgreSQL
server and connot; I get this error:

db.describe table=location driver=pg
database="host=dell3-tir,dbname=hd_ob6tir"
/awips/rep/lx/local_apps/grass6-build/grass-6.0.0/driver/db/pg: error
while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.3: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory
dbmi: Protocol error (invalid table/column name or unsupported column type)

GRASS_INFO_ERROR(13033,1): No db connection for driver <pg> defined. Run
db.connect

I did run db.connect, both before & after running db.describe (which I
used to test whether or not I was really connected), but there was never
any indication that I had established a connection to PostgreSQL.

I do have PostgreSQL installed and when I compiled GRASS I did not have
any errors or indications that there were any problems linking with the
PostgreSQL libs. I assume libpq.so.3 should be in the GRASS6 lib
directory (it surely is not). I'm at a loss what steps I should take
next since the build seemed to be fine. The configure files show the
appropriate locations of the pgsql includes and libs.

Regards,
Tom

--
Thomas E Adams