[GRASSLIST:7901] Re: Hutchinson's Adaptive Alogrithm for sound DEMs?

Māris Nartišs maris.nartiss at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 06:23:30 EDT 2005

Hi,

when I was working on my master thesis, I was also using v.surf.rst
and was satisfied with its speed. On 5100 Bobomips machine I got about
130 points/sec. I played a lot with segmax and other parameters until
I was satisfied with results and speed.

Only easy way to speed it up would be using parallel processing. If
task could be split into multiple processes, then for large data sets
some OpenMOSIX type clusters could be used. That's would be more
important than minimal speedup for single-processor PCs.

just my 2c.

Maris.