[GRASSLIST:7960] vector point sizes in meters in ps.map or display?

C. H. Roosevelt chr at bu.edu
Wed Aug 17 16:53:26 EDT 2005

Dear GRASS Users,

I am having difficulties trying to print vector points at meaningful
sizes (using Lorenzo Moretti's most recent 6.1.cvs on MacOS 10.3.9).

I have a vector point file with points corresponding to the peaks of
conical mounds; mound diameters in meters are stored in the attached
attribute table. I have successfully used ps.map to output the points
to an .eps file, but is there any way to display or print the points so
that their sizes correspond exactly to a value in the attribute table
(mound diameters)? I see that d.vect.thematic can do something similar
with graduated sizes or colors, but what about exact values?

If there is no way to do this, could someone point me in the direction
of the presumably simple workaround of converting vector points to
vector areas with new area diameters derived from the attribute table?

Many thanks in advance,
Chris Roosevelt