[GRASSLIST:8026] Re: LFS for GRASS 6.0.1 under CYGWIN?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Aug 23 03:51:01 EDT 2005

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 12:59:54PM -0700, Jonathan Greenberg wrote:
> Is it possible to get GRASS compiled for CYGWIN with large file support?
> I'm doing a v.to.rast that seems to be choking (the output is almost
> certainly bigger than 4gb -- the number of cells is being reported as
> negative).  Is the cygwin binary release not compiled with 64-bit file i/o?
> Is it even possible on a Windows box?  Thanks!

I suggest to use 6.1-CVS (not 6.0.1) for LFS which contains tests for LFS
in 'configure' and also a flag to enable it:

./configure --help | grep LFS
  --enable-largefile      enable support for large files (LFS)

The INSTALL file in the 6.1-CVS source code contains a section:

  (J) LARGE FILE SUPPORT (for raster maps)

which may be helpful.

Markus