[GRASSLIST:8078] Re: v.out.ogr to PostgreSQL

orkun temiz at deprem.gov.tr
Fri Aug 26 06:56:26 EDT 2005

Stephan Holl wrote:

>Hello orkun,
>
>On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:56:46 +0300 orkun <temiz at deprem.gov.tr> wrote:
>

>>v.out.ogr input=jeo6 type=area dsn="PG:host=localhost dbname=bzk
>>user=orkun" olayer=sil7 format=PostgreSQL
>>ERROR 1: AddGeometryColumn failed for layer sil7, layer creation has
>>failed. ERROR: Cannot create layer
>>

>It looks like this db does not have postGIS enabled?!
>So enable the db with postgis-support.
>
>If you just want to store attribute-information have a look at the
>newly created wiki-entry[1].
>There ist describes how to set up postgres for attribute storage.
>
>hth
>	Stephan
>
>[1]
>http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/twiki/bin/view/GRASS/GrassSixTutorialFaq#11_Use_Postgres_as_attribute_sto

thank you

the db I used (bzk) has already been enabled with postGIS.

as "user postgres" in sql environment (out of grass), it works.

bzk=# CREATE TABLE gtest3 ( ID int4, NAME varchar(20) );
CREATE TABLE
bzk=# SELECT AddGeometryColumn('gtest3','geom',-1,'POLYGON',2);
                            addgeometrycolumn
 public.gtest3.geom SRID:-1 TYPE:POLYGON DIMS:2
 geometry_column fixed:0
(1 row)

the problem (I think) is related to:

my newer postgresql (8..) version enabled postgis. But grass only connects
older postgre (7.4..).
So how can make grass work only newer postgresql ?
~~~~~~~~~~

how about different user other than user postgres in using v.out.ogr ?

regards

XamimeLT - installed on mailserver for domain @deprem.gov.tr
Queries to: postmaster at deprem.gov.tr
The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the sender's own
and do not necessarily represent the views and the opinions of Earthquake Research Dept.
of General Directorate of Disaster Affairs.

Bu e-postadaki fikir ve gorusler gonderenin sahsina ait olup, yasal olarak T.C.
B.I.B. Afet Isleri Gn.Mud. Deprem Arastirma Dairesi'ni baglayici nitelikte degildir.