[GRASSLIST:8081] Re: v.out.ogr to PostgreSQL

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Fri Aug 26 08:01:36 EDT 2005

Hello orkun,

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:56:26 +0300 orkun <temiz at deprem.gov.tr> wrote:

> the db I used (bzk) has already been enabled with postGIS.
>
> as "user postgres" in sql environment (out of grass), it works.
>
> bzk=# CREATE TABLE gtest3 ( ID int4, NAME varchar(20) );
> CREATE TABLE
> bzk=# SELECT AddGeometryColumn('gtest3','geom',-1,'POLYGON',2);
>                             addgeometrycolumn
>  public.gtest3.geom SRID:-1 TYPE:POLYGON DIMS:2
>  geometry_column fixed:0
> (1 row)

So it "should" work with grass as user postgres as well.

> the problem (I think) is related to:
>
> my newer postgresql (8..) version enabled postgis. But grass only
> connects older postgre (7.4..).
> So how can make grass work only newer postgresql ?
> ~~~~~~~~~~
>
> how about different user other than user postgres in using v.out.ogr ?

Have a look at the postgres-manual with special reference to the
SQL-command "GRANT". There you can grant different rights to different
users. Or use a GUI like pgadmin3[1].
This should solve your problems regarding the user-problem.

Since I have not used postgres8 yet (because it not yet in
debian-testing), I cannot help you on this topic.

hth
	Stephan

[1] http://www.pgadmin.org

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508