[GRASSLIST:9284] Re: draw line from (x,y) point and bearing [solved: new module]

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 22:15:08 EST 2005

On Friday 02 December 2005 02:06 pm, Dylan Beaudette wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> does anyone know of a module (d.*, v.*, r.* ??) that will accept a point
> and a bearing, and draw the line on the active monitor?
>
> if not, where would I start in writing my own module to do this?
>
> thanks in advance!

Looks like necessity is the mother of invention. Solved this problem with a
shiny new module d.bearing:

The new module solves the problem I had (plot a transect from x,y along
bearing theta, to given radius) and will optionally save the result as a new
vector.

if anyone is interested i will post the source it for general consumption.

Here is the manpage from my local sources:
http://169.237.35.250/~dylan/temp/d.bearing.html

Cheers!

--
Dylan Beaudette