[GRASSLIST:9285] Re: draw line from (x,y) point and bearing [solved: new module]

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Sun Dec 4 03:20:05 EST 2005

On sob, 2005-12-03 at 19:15 -0800, Dylan Beaudette wrote:
> Looks like necessity is the mother of invention. Solved this problem with a
> shiny new module d.bearing:
>
> The new module solves the problem I had (plot a transect from x,y along
> bearing theta, to given radius) and will optionally save the result as a new
> vector.
>
> if anyone is interested i will post the source it for general consumption.

I bet there will be folks interested. Could you put it on the Grass wiki
to be available at will? Or maybe it could go to 6.1 permanently?

If neither is possible please post it over to me. It is really cool. Currently I won't need it but I recall I was looking for such a functionality in the past. Congrats and thanks!

Cheers,
Maciek