[GRASSLIST:9288] CygWin and system() calls

benducke at compuserve.de benducke at compuserve.de
Sun Dec 4 07:18:11 EST 2005

Hi everyone,

I have been working on my GRASS 6 extension manager stuff lately and
tried to run it in a CygWin environment to see what would happen ;)

There seems to be one major problem: my program makes heavy use
of system() to start shell commands, wait until they are executed
and resume operation. HOWEVER, it seems that on CygWin, system()
does not wait properly until the command has been executed.
This results in shell commands being fired off without synchronisation
and a total mess.
Does anyone no about this problem? What C functions do I need to use
if I want to start a shell command and wait for it to finish in CygWin?

Thanks,

Benjamin