[GRASSLIST:9345] Re: ArcInfo Grid vs r.in/out.gdal

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 6 19:41:35 EST 2005

> I didn't know that grass referenced the lower left corner. I assumed
> it was the cell center. Where is this documented?

"The geographic boundaries of the raster file are described by the north,
south, east, and west fields. These values describe the lines which bound
the map at its edges. These lines do NOT pass through the center of the
grid cells at the edge of the map, but along the edge of the map itself."

(section 5.3.1 of the old GRASS 5 programmer's manual.)

I guess it should be added here?  grass6/raster/rasterintro.html

In the GRASS 6 programmer's manual: ???
 make pdfdocs
 xpdf lib/gis/latex/grass61gis_2005_12_07_refman.pdf

It is mentioned in the r.in.ascii and r.in.bin help pages,
  http://grass.ibiblio.org/grass61/manuals/html61_user/r.in.ascii.html

Hamish