[GRASSLIST:9371] Re: Which version of tk/tcl is used to compile weekly Linux binaries?

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 21:17:53 EST 2005

> The subject line says it all...I think I've got both tk/tcl 8.3 and
> 8.4 installed on Ubuntu Breezy...and so I'm running into lib.tk.so.0
> errors whenever I run v.* programs. I'm not sure which version to
> uninstall before I clean up the links.

both 8.3 and 8.4 are ok to be installed together. GRASS for debian based
distros should have been compiled against TclTk 8.3 though (only affects
NVIZ).

binaries or compiled yourself? what ./configure params did you use if
compiled yourself?

what does this command show?
$ dpkg --get-selections | grep tcl

what is the exact error? (cut and paste exactly)

Hamish