[GRASSLIST:9394] V.sample - what does the column parameter refer to?

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Fri Dec 9 10:29:27 EST 2005

Is the column parameter of v.sample referring to an empty column in the
vector attribute file, or - a new column that will be created during the
sampling of the raster, or - an existing column?

I've tried sampling a raster using an empty column I created using
v.db.addcol (type was DOUBLE), and I got nothing but zeros populated in the
column in question. Region was good, it was set to that of the sampling
vector.

~ Eric.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eric Patton