[GRASSLIST:9462] Re: V.sample - what does the column parameter refer to?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Dec 13 20:54:26 EST 2005

Eric,

it's an existing column.
I have updated description in CVS and added this example
(I hope I got it right):

Comparison of "elevation.dem" and "elevation.10m" Spearfish maps
at random places:

#generate random points:
 v.random output=random n=100
#add table with one column:
 v.db.addtable random col="el10 double"
#transfer elevations at random points into table:
 v.what.rast rast=elevation.10m vect=random col=el10
#verify:
 v.db.select random

#generate sampling from other elevation map:
 v.sample in=random col=el10 rast=elevation.dem out=elev_sample

#verify:
 v.db.select elev_sample

#univariate statistics of differences between elevation maps:
 v.univar elev_sample col=diff

cheers

 Markus

--