[GRASSLIST:9423] Rasters not displaying from old (Windows) Grass Projects

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Mon Dec 12 09:10:51 EST 2005

This one is a bit odd...I've transferred several tarred/zipped Grass
projects from a LaCie external hard disk (formatted NTFS) onto a Linux
patition of a dual-boot XP/Breezy PC. The projects in question reside on
/home/epatton/Projects. I've enabled full 777 privileges, recursively. Grass
loads the project up fine with no obvious system errors. I can
display/pan/zoom any vectors, even vectors that have been converted from 5.4
to 6.1 format using v.convert(.all).

However, no rasters will display. I've tried several rasters from different
locations, to no avail, even after setting the region with g.region
rast=Rastername. These rasters display fine on  a Cygwin Grass session; in
fact, they were created from a Cygwin Grass installation.

Any ideas?

~ Eric.