[GRASSLIST:9443] r.to.vect give strange results

Jason Horn jhorn at bu.edu
Tue Dec 13 10:51:13 EST 2005

Hi All,

I'm trying to convert a raster into a vector with several areas, and
I am getting very strange results.  r.to.vect gives me a vector that
is a box drawn around every pixel in the raster, with a centroid for
each box.  So I ran r.mapcalc to convert the raster into a binary
raster, and then ran r.to.vect again.  This time, the r.to.vect says
the file has not been properly thinned.  so I ran r.thin first and
then r.to.vect again - still says that the file has not been properly
thinned.  What am I missing?  This should be easy.

- Jason