[GRASSLIST:9466] Re: Rasters not displaying from old (Windows) Gr ass Projects

Chris George cwg at iist.unu.edu
Tue Dec 13 22:06:49 EST 2005

Dear Eric,

Since your rasters work in 5.3 there clearly isn't a problem with DOS
format files: my guess was wrong.  (Incidentally, zip/unzip are
different from gzip/gunzip.  They are available in Ubuntu.)

I would avoid using GRASS 6.1.cvs unless it is important to you to have
some feature not available in a stable release.  I am amazed how many
GRASS users seem to use the development version which is much more
likely to contain bugs.  Can you manage with 6.0.1?

Chris

PS If you want to send me a tar or zip file of some of your maps I can
check they load with 6.0.1.