[GRASSLIST:9469] Re: Rasters not displaying from old (Windows) Gr ass Projects

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Dec 14 01:01:41 EST 2005

Chris George wrote:

> I would avoid using GRASS 6.1.cvs unless it is important to you to have
> some feature not available in a stable release.  I am amazed how many
> GRASS users seem to use the development version which is much more
> likely to contain bugs.

IMHO, the development version is no more or less likely to contain
bugs than a "stable" release.

It isn't as if the releases are the result of a concerted effort to
fix existing bugs without introducing new ones (as is the case for
some projects).

As development proceeds, old bugs get fixed and new bugs get
introduced. The overall level of reliability will remain largely
constant. Beyond that, newer versions will have features which older
versions lacked (other than the fact that some features were removed
in the 5.x -> 6.x transition).