[GRASSLIST:9501] Re: v.to.rast problem

orkun temiz at deprem.gov.tr
Thu Dec 15 06:01:38 EST 2005

Hamish wrote:

>>v.info -c jgenel1
>>Displaying column type for database connection of layer 1:
>>INTEGER|cat
>>CHARACTER|yas
>>INTEGER|count
>>DOUBLE PRECISION|sum_cat
>>
>>in postgresql
>>
>>bzk=# \d jgenel1
>>          Table "public.jgenel1"
>>Column  |         Type          | Modifiers
>>---------+-----------------------+-----------
>>cat     | integer               |
>>yas     | character varying(80) |
>>count   | integer               |
>>sum_cat | double precision      |
>>

>The v.to.rast column= must be numeric (integer, double).
>(ok, poorly documented & error message might make a suggestion)
>
>Alternately if you really want to save the labels, use the cat column
>for the value and then make a "$MAPSET/cats/" file with the cat numbers
>and the text labels. This would be pretty easy to generate
>automatically. I am not sure if/where this is mentioned in the modern
>documentation. Should probably be in grass6/raster/rasterintro.html or
>a grass6/doc/raster/specification.html ? Doxygen?
>

>Hamish

thank you

I converted vect. to rast with cat. Then  I reclassify resulting raster
map with
attributed values' of mother vector map.

kind regards

XamimeLT - installed on mailserver for domain @deprem.gov.tr
Queries to: postmaster at deprem.gov.tr
The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the sender's own
and do not necessarily represent the views and the opinions of Earthquake Research Dept.
of General Directorate of Disaster Affairs.

Bu e-postadaki fikir ve gorusler gonderenin sahsina ait olup, yasal olarak T.C.
B.I.B. Afet Isleri Gn.Mud. Deprem Arastirma Dairesi'ni baglayici nitelikte degildir.