[GRASSLIST:9505] Re: dem from vector files...help...

Māris Nartišs maris.nartiss at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 09:05:30 EST 2005

Hi,

I had similar problem. My approach was:
1) Import *.shp to vects;
2) As I had points and lines, I converted lines to points with v.to.points;
3) Merge them with v.append (You will find it in GRASS Wiki page). Its
slow, but works;
4) Get DEM with v.surf.rst; Search list archive for links about RST tuning.
5) Validate it. I.e. with r.terraflow generate rivers and compare with
rivers on map ;)

Hope it helps,
Maris.