[GRASSLIST:9527] Re: Rasters not displaying from old (Windows ) Grass Projects

Chris George cwg at iist.unu.edu
Fri Dec 16 01:40:39 EST 2005

Dear Eric,

Patton, Eric wrote:

> Very frustrating. I've tarred and gzipped a test Location and placed it on
> my ftp site ftp://gsca.nrcan.gc.ca/outgoing/Patton for anyone who wants to
> try it out on their Linux distro and see if they can reproduce my errors.
> It's a representative mix of a few rasters and vectors that I've been
> working with. Size is 30MB compressed, 100MB uncompressed. I can cull that
> down if it's too big.

I downloaded and tried your raster maps (Ubuntu 5.04, GRASS 6.0.1) and
cannot reproduce your errors.  I displayed all the rasters, and I tried
uncompressing one of them.

I see that Glynn Clements also succeeded with the cvs version of GRASS.

So it is not file corruption or dos/unix conversion, and not the GRASS
version.  So I have been wrong twice now and perhaps you should not
listen to me any more.

The only thing left seems to be your Linux/GRASS system.  So I would

- try some rasters from other sources, like the spearfish set that comes
   with GRASS

- if that has problems then it must be your system, and I would
   reinstall GRASS

- if it doesn't then I have no idea what to do, but I would still
   reinstall GRASS

Chris