[GRASSLIST:9540] Re: Rasters not displaying from old (Windows ) Grass Projects

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Fri Dec 16 07:50:02 EST 2005

>> Very frustrating. I've tarred and gzipped a test Location and placed
>> it on my ftp site ftp://gsca.nrcan.gc.ca/outgoing/Patton for anyone
>> who wants to try it out on their Linux distro and see if they can
reproduce my errors.

>It works fine for me (Gentoo Linux/x86, GRASS 6.1 CVS).

>--
>Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com>

Thanks everyone who downloaded my data and tested it out on their systems. I
downloaded the stable Grass 6.0.1 through synaptic and was able to load my
own data perfectly. So the problem must certainly be either the Generic
Linux 6.1cvs binary (unlikely) or my particular setup (very likely). I have
a feeling that my $PATH and $LD_LIBRARY_PATH are not pointing to the right
places. Here's what I've got:

$ echo $PATH
/usr/local/bin:/usr/local:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/ga
mes

$ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
<nothing>

What should these variables be set to? And are there any other relevant
variables like these that need to be set prior to a cvs binary install?

Thanks again,

~ Eric.