[GRASSLIST:9553] Re: Rasters not displaying from old (Windows ) Grass Projects

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sat Dec 17 01:54:34 EST 2005

Patton, Eric wrote:

> Thanks everyone who downloaded my data and tested it out on their systems. I
> downloaded the stable Grass 6.0.1 through synaptic and was able to load my
> own data perfectly. So the problem must certainly be either the Generic
> Linux 6.1cvs binary (unlikely) or my particular setup (very likely). I have
> a feeling that my $PATH and $LD_LIBRARY_PATH are not pointing to the right
> places. Here's what I've got:
>
> $ echo $PATH
> /usr/local/bin:/usr/local:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games
>
> $ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> <nothing>
>
> What should these variables be set to?

Within a GRASS session, the $GISBASE/bin and $GISBASE/scripts
directories should be present in $PATH, and $GISBASE/lib should be
present in $LD_LIBRARY_PATH. The startup script does this.

> And are there any other relevant variables like these that need to
> be set prior to a cvs binary install?

You shouldn't need to set anything outside of GRASS. The only
requirement is that the grass<version> script (e.g. grass61) must be
in one of the directories in $PATH, e.g. if it's installed as
/usr/local/bin/grass61, then $PATH must include /usr/local/bin.