[GRASSLIST:9548] Re: rectifying images

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri Dec 16 15:11:16 EST 2005

hi,

a student of us has implemented improved versions of
i.points and i.rectify based on previous work as published
in our last year's Bangkok paper.

The new version
- use FFT correlation to automatically search for ground
  control points in a user given window pair (so, just zoom
  more or less the same zone in the master and the slave
  image)
- do this for the entire stripe of images
- bad GCPs are identified and eliminated
- run the modified i.rectify to rectify the entire stripe.

We are using this to geocode historical images. I still
have to cleanup the code to the current coding standards,
then I need a beta tester :-)

If course you can also work with just 2 overlapping images
and enjoy the automated GCP search.

Interested?

Markus

--