[GRASSLIST:9574] Re: Global topography

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 06:54:44 EST 2005

You can also try SRTM30_PLUS.http://topex.ucsd.edu/WWW_html/srtm30_plus.html

Also check out this thread from the mailing list about importing these
data into GRASS:

http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grassuser/2005-August/030000.html

best regards

Carlos

On 12/19/05, Hamish <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I'm trying to georeference the global topography data here:
> >
> > ftp://topex.ucsd.edu/pub/global_topo_2min
> ..
> > Alternatively, if there is a global topography (including sea floor)
> > dataset which is more easily included with correct projection and
> > datum then feel free to point me to that.
>
> With a little work you can probably get that data loaded, but for
> something with detailed instructions try the ETOPO2 dataset. See the
> article in GRASSNews vol 1.
>   http://grass.ibiblio.org/newsletter/index.php
>
> ETOPO2 includes the Smith & Sandwell satellite altimeter derived
> bathymetry.
>

> Hamish

              Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
  Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke