[GRASSLIST:9578] Re: script for creating map

Luigi Ponti lponti at infinito.it
Mon Dec 19 13:05:40 EST 2005

The following script works when called from the command line of GRASS
6.0.0 running under cygwin on windows NT. It saves the x0 monitor to a
.png file.
Ciao,
Luigi

----script begins----

#!/bin/bash
d.mon start=x0
d.vect map=vectorName
d.out.png output=mapName
d.mon stop=x0

----script ends------

Maik Trömel wrote:
> When I try to run "d.mon start=PNG" the error doesn't occure. But there
> is another error:
> after running
> d.mon start=PNG
> d.mon select=PNG
> d.rast geom_summe_s_filt_country
> d.vect map=grass_country
> d.mon stop=PNG
>
> ===>
>
> PNG: GRASS_TRUECOLOR status: FALSE
> PNG: collecting to file: map.png,
>    GRASS_WIDTH=640, GRASS_HEIGHT=480
> Graphics driver [PNG] started
> 100%
> Monitor 'PNG' terminated
> ERROR - eof from graphics monitor.
>

> Maik
>

> Maik Trömel wrote:
>
>> I tried it out. The problem is, that its not possible to start a display.
>> When I run "d.mon start=x0" I get an error:
>>
>> ERROR: Graph_Set: can't open Display
>> No socket to connect to for monitor <x0>.
>> Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
>> No socket to connect to for monitor <x0>.
>>
>> Any idea what the problem could be?
>>
>> Maik
>>

>> Michael Barton wrote:
>>
>>> Check out the d.out.file script (or it's predecessor, d.out.png) that I
>>> wrote and is included with GRASS. This will export whatever is on the
>>> current monitor to a png (or other formats if you have gdal). Add
>>> d.mon and
>>> d.rast and/or d.vect and you can script the creation of a map and its