[GRASSLIST:9579] Re: v.rast.stats

Gretchen Gallegos gallegos3 at llnl.gov
Mon Dec 19 13:33:58 EST 2005

Markus and Lorenzo (and others),

Thank you, Markus, for your work on v.rast.stats. It works perfectly.

Thanks also to Lorenzo for making the 6.1 cvs and for updating them
so frequently.

Also thanks to the many developers of the GIS Manager. I have tried
to use GRASS on the Mac for about 2 years, and I feel I must let you
know that version 6.1 is very user friendly. I also greatly
appreciate the short tutorial Lorenzo put together. It cleared up a
number of questions for me about how the words, "Location", "Mapset,"
and "PERMANENT" are used by GRASS.

Of course, I have one more question. Is it possible to control the
type of variable that is created by v.rast.stats? Or how many digits
are displayed using v.label? I cannot find this in the documentation.

In addition, the pop-up windows that appear after clicking the show
attribute and the show data buttons in the GIS Manager cannot be
closed by clicking the red close button on my Mac. These windows only
close down when the X11 application is shut down. This is only
cosmetic, but I thought you might want to know.

Again,
Many, many thanks,
Gretchen Gallegos